Wednesday 26 August 2015

Waiting on Wednesday : List of the Lost- Morrissey

I'm hugely excited about Morrissey's first fiction book and was thrilled today when I was emailed this information about it from a publicist at Penguin.  Normally I'm incredibly patient, but I'm seriously hoping I get to read this as an ARC - bookblogger, Morrissey fanatic, hipster- come on, I tick all the boxes!  However, if I have to wait until 24th September it'll be out just in time for my birthday, and it'd make a pretty good present...
 
 
List of the Lost
Morrissey
to be published by Penguin Books on 24 September 2015 at £7.99
 
Penguin Books is delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of List of the Lost, Morrissey’s extraordinary novel, on 24 September.
 
‘Beware of the novelist … intimate and indiscreet … pompous, prophetic airs … here is the fact of the fiction … an American tale where, naturally, evil conquers good, and none live happily ever after, for the complicated pangs of the empty experiences of flesh-and-blood human figures are the reasons why nothing can ever be enough. To read a book is to let a root sink down. List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true’ – Morrissey
 
Morrissey’s record-breaking bestseller, Autobiography, was published by Penguin Classics in October 2013.
 
My review of Morrissey's Autobiography.

No comments:

Post a Comment