Tuesday 11 August 2015

Waking up in Vegas- Romy Sommer

The Blurb

What happens in Vegas…

Waking up to the bright lights of Vegas in an unfamiliar penthouse suite, cocktail waitress Phoenix Montgomery finds she’s covered from head to foot in gold glitter and not alone – aside from the empty bottle of champagne, there’s a mystery man in the shower and a huge sparkly ring on her finger!

Stays in Vegas?

There’s no denying Max Waldburg’s demi-god sex appeal but commitment-phobic Phoenix doesn’t do relationships. Only it seems her new husband (agh!) has other ideas…he’s trying to keep that ring on her finger and his wife firmly back in his bed. The only question on her lips is – why? Or maybe, why not?


The Review

I first discovered Romy Sommer's Westerwald series during #HIFortnight when I read The Trouble with Mojitos.  At the time I didn't realise it was actually book two (is there anything more frustrating than reading a book out of sequence?!) but as it happened it didn't matter too much as the books can be enjoyed  as stand alone reads.

Waking up in Vegas shares the story of Phoenix and Max, an unlikely couple who wake up in bed together following a wild night out.  Phoenix soon realises this stranger is her new husband and she's horrified. She doesn't want commitment- least of all to someone she doesn't know! Max, however is smitten and believes he's found 'the one'.  The story revolves around the couple finding out more about each other, uncovering secrets along the way.

Phoenix is a strong-willed heroine and I really liked that about her, even though I times I wanted to shake her for trying to fight her feelings.  And Max...well, he was the perfect hero- deliciously hot, sensitive and determined to fight for the true love he's convinced he's found.

This book had me laughing, cringing and wishing for the happily ever after.  A beautifully written contemporary love story with a hint of mystery, Waking up in Vegas is perfect for dreamy romantics everywhere.  I've currently only got these books on kindle, but I desperately need to get my hands on paperback copies to sit on my shelf alongside my other favourite books.

It's fair to say the Westerwald series has stolen my heart.

Waking up in Vegas is out now, published by Harper Impulse.

I read this book as part of the #HIReadathon.  Read, love, review!



1 comment: