Sunday 13 September 2015

Question and Answer with Jennifer Bohnet *Carina Week*

 
I've been admiring this beautiful cover for weeks now, so when Jennifer Bohnet agreed to answer a few questions for Books with Bunny I was over the moon!  Let's hope we've got some more beautiful blue skies ahead before autumn comes.

You set your new novel by the sea- what are your own memories of the seaside?

I was born at the seaside - Weston-super-Mare - and spent a large part of my childhood there, so I have lots of memories. As many people will know the tide goes out a long way at Weston leaving a wide expanse of sand. I was very into horses as a teenager and some of my fondest memories involve lots of exhilarating early morning canters along the sand before the holiday makers arrived.

How long did it take you to write the book, and what were your inspirations?

For various reasons writing The Little Kiosk By the Sea took a couple of months longer than planned - about six months in all. My inspiration came via two things - a friend who had managed a kiosk organising boat and fishing trips and had lots of tales to tell. Dartmouth, where the book is set is one of my favourite places in the world and I wanted to set another story there.

If you had a kiosk by the sea, what would you sell?
 
In a previous life I did have a kiosk by the sea! Richard and I ran a beach cafe and takeaway for several years in Devon.  This ancient black and white photo shows my mother, me and my daughter standing behind the takeaway counter of our wooden kiosk on the beach!

What is your must-have seaside buy?
 
Nothing beats a coffee ice cream with a dollop of clotted cream on top!

My favourite word ever happens to be in your title.  'Kiosk' is just a delight to say!  What's your favourite word? 
 
Not sure I have one but I think ‘Author’ would have to come high on the list!

Thank you for answering my questions Jennie, it's been a pleasure to have you visit Books with Bunny.
 
Thank you so much Kate for inviting me on your blog.

***

Buy The Little Kiosk by the Sea on Amazon.  It's out now, published by UK Carina.


 
Author Bio: 
 
I’ve lived in France for 16 years now. After 11 years down on the Cote d’Azur where Richard was a guardien for a villa, we moved from the Mediterranean coast to a small quirky cottage in Finistere, Brittany. A bit of a culture shock to say the least! When I’m not writing I love reading, cooking and having friends around for lunch - lunches that follow the French tradition of lasting for several hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment